Saturday, December 7, 2013

Week 1: Winter Challenge

After an incredibly long night of sleep last night, I spent most of today watching tv, biking, and planning what I wanted to do for today's mani. Aka the perfect weekend. So I sat down with a pot of peppermint tea and spent an ungodly amount of time bringing this mani to life.


Info and more pictures under the cut!

I started off with one coat of Duri Rejuvacote, since my nails are starting to get kind of thin, followed by two coats of China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le. I love this color so so much, it's the perfect dusty winter blue. Next, I used BM-301 to stamp what looks to me like a blizzardy sky onto my index, middle, and pinky fingers, and Winstonia 120 to stamp snowflakes onto my thumb and ring fingers. I know I just used the same Winstonia plate in last week's mani, but hey its cute so who really cares? Not me.

After that, I busted out Essie Shine of the Times, which is probably my favorite topper ever, and which I definitely don't use nearly enough. It's full of fire and spark and perfection. I finished everything off with a coat of Gelous, since my Seche Vite is in serious need of de-gooping. I forgot how long Gelous takes to dry though, and I messed up and then fixed at least three or six nails. I was too excited to bust out my new lightbox, which I still definitely need some experimenting to get used to.

I'm really excited to have found this challenge, I've been wanting to enter one for a few months now, but haven't found one I particularly liked. Stay tuned for more wintery nails!!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...