Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 3: Gluttony

Hello lovelies!! Last night I completed day 2 of the seven deadly sins challenge, Gluttony! The prompt was a gluttony-inspired sugar-spun mani, so I decided to go with a fudge-drizzled minty look. I had never done a sugar-spun mani before, so I was excited to try it out. My biggest surprise was just how much polish it uses!! But I think it was worth it, they came out adorable! I tried a number of ways to get the look right, from super thin streaks to big thick gobby streaks, and I think the thicker ones got across the "chocolate" look better, so I mainly went with those.

I used China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint for the mint, Love & Beauty by Forever 21 Coffee, and Wet n Wild Black. No topcoat because I wanted them to stand out!

 

More pics~





Unfortunately, I fell asleep before I had time to take the pics, and even more unfortunately, before my nails had a chance to dry fully! So when I woke up they had sheet impressions on them. Oops. I tried to touch them up as best I could, and I think I did a pretty good rescue job.

Here's the challenge:

Other entries:

2 comments:

NailsLikeLace said...

This has a sort of camo look to it, I think! They're really cute!

Brittney (Precious Polish) said...

I usually dislike thick manis, but these are an exception! I love the idea behind these and you definitely achieved the look you wanted! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...