Sunday, April 7, 2013

First Water Marble!


So after watching about a billion youtube tutorials and looking it up online a whole bunch, I decided to try water marbling!! I think for my first time it came out pretty decently, although I learned a lot of things that will help me next time. The first is that all my blue colors seem to be weirdly transparent? All the places you see white on my nails, I actually used Secret Peri-Wink-Le by China Glaze, but once it hit the water, it went completely clear. I also tried using Minted by Revlon on one nail, but it was clear too. Oh well!! Had to get something wrong on my first try. The other colors I used were White on White by China Glaze, Trout Pout by Butter, and Peachy Keen by China Glaze. I topped it off with Gelish and now it looks fab!!
For the other hand I decided to do a simple tape-design mani, and since I had already painted my nails white, I used the same colors that I used for the marbling, with some periwinkle dots to make it more fun. This is my first time doing a tape mani, and I'm really excited about it!! My only advice is: make sure you wait until your nail is COMPLETELY DRY before putting tape on it because otherwise you'll completely rip off like half the polish when you try to pull it off (this happened on my thumb, which is why it's a diff color).

Update: even though I love the way the water marble turned out, I'm disappointed because the polish is cracking on pretty much all of my nails. I think that's less the fault of the polish and more the top coat, though. I'm currently out of Seche Vite, so I had to fall back on Gelish and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry, which I think made it a bit more brittle.

1 comment:

Jay @ Wayfaring Beauty said...

Nice job with the water marbling! I've been wanting to try that but I feel like I'll just make a huge mess, haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...