Sunday, April 14, 2013

Neutral Neon Leopard


Hello lovelies! Today I decided to do something I've been wanting to try for weeks... leopard nails! I've been holding off because they look pretty time consuming, but I had some time yesterday and today that I could devote to them. Another thing that spurred me into creating this pattern was the arrival of a few new polishes: China Glaze Sugar High, OPI (Nicki Minaj) Did It On Em, and Julep Debra. I knew that they'd all look fab when combined, and I was right! I studied some tutorials to learn how to make the perfect leopart effect, and then set to work.

After painting on a nice base coat of Duri Rejuvacote, I painted on a base of Debra on my index, middle, and pinky fingers, and The New Black Glimmer Twin on my thumb and ring fingers. I was a little disappointed with Debra, the application was super goopy and thick, so I actually only used one coat of this as a base. Then again, I did get it for only the price of shipping from Julep by signing up to be a Maven and using the code FREEBOX, so for a basically free polish, it was awesome. Glimmer Twin was a bit streaky, and took two coats to look nice, but I think it dried really nicely.

Next, I used the applicator brushes from Sugar High and Did It On Em to make a bunch of randomly-shaped dots on all my nails. Since the polish was a bit thick on some of these dots, I waited a while for them to dry, and then used a toothpick dipped in black paint to outline the dots randomly using Wet-n-Wild Black. I broke off the end of the toothpick so that it wasn't too pointed, and that worked pretty nicely to use as a tool.

Overall, I'd say this took me about three hours, but a lot of that was just waiting for the polish to dry, so I definitely did other things while I waited. I really like the way this came out, so you'll definitely be spotting more leopard print from me in the future! :)







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...