Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Outta This World!!

Hello lovelies! I've been wanting to do a space mani for oh-so-long, and I decided that now that I have my super cool space shoes, now's the time!! That, and I got a box of Color Club's new Halo Hues, a set of 6 super rad linear holo polishes. When I opened the box, I knew they'd look super fab in a space mani!

I used the tutorial here to learn the basic concepts, and then added my own colors to it!! I kept dabbing and splotching on whatever I thought might look cool, and here's the result:
Right Hand
Left Hand
I'm kind of frustrated that, as has been happening a lot lately, the right hand came out looking TONS better than the left. I'm a righty!! What's going on! Then again, I guess it's because: 1. I did the left first, so that's where all the learning process happened, 2. I used Color Club Beyond as a base on the left, which is more of a charcoal gray with holo than the Wet n Wild Black that I used as a base on the right hand. Plain black is definitely a better base color.

More info under the cut!

Also I would love to name off all of the polishes I used, but since this: 
is what my workstation looked like after I was done, I think that listing off all these bad boys wouldn't be the most helpful.

My main tricks:
  1. Paint nails entirely black first
  2. Sponge on super dark blue glitter in random places
  3. Paint on some medium-lightish gray, and throw down some hot pink on top of that
  4. Sponge more dark blue over that, keep teeny bits of the hot pink showing
  5. Throw on a bunch of other colors that you might see in a galaxy in different places
  6. Using a dotting tool or toothpick, make some stars (if you have teeny hex or round white/crystal colored glitter, that's even better!)
All in all, I had a total blast doing this. I think it's my favorite mani yet, and it's something that I'll definitely do again. Despite the large variety of polishes used, it wasn't too difficult, and it was really cool to get to be so free and creative in designs.

Speaking of designs! My favorite nail was my left thumb, so have some pics of just that!!

My main regret with this mani is that I can't capture the full beauty of it on camera, even though I took about a bazillion pics to try to get it right. Maybe I'll try making a gif and see how that goes!

P.S.- I'll do swatches for all the Color Club Halo Hues that I have soon, along with full reviews :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...