Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rainbow Holo Stamped Flowers

Hey lovelies! Today I went out and took a bunch of pictures in the sun so I could try to catch some of the fabulous colors in Color Club's Halo Hues polishes, and even though I was able to get some pretty good shots, they still just don't capture how great this polish's holo is. Literally. Mindblowing.

The application for CC Over The Moon was fantastic, with two coats covering flawlessly. They also dried fairly fast, which was a plus. I then stamped with CC Beyond, which stamped excellently but I found that the polish itself was a little goopy. Kind of disappointed with the formula on that one, but maybe I just got a bad bottle? I hope so. I'd still recommend the polish to anyone looking for a stunning black holo. On my ring finger I stamped with OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue, which came out way more transparent and blue than I was expecting (I was hoping for more of an opaque black with blue glitter), but I still like how it looks! It just doesn't fit in as an accent as well as I'd hoped.


More under the cut~




I also found that topcoat (I used SV) didn't diminish the holo at all, in fact it might have even made it brighter!! I'm just thrilled to bits with how these came out.

Last note: you might notice that my nails are back to being round. I found that, while they look fab, I absolutely can't handle square nails!! They catch on everything, and I'm super rough on my hands so the corners kept breaking off. I'm much much more comfy being back to a round shape. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...